YSR Pension Kanuka is a scheme initiated by the Andhra Pradesh Government ( Ministry of Panchayat Raj & Rural Development ) for the welfare & development of senior citizens, disabled peoples, and transgenders by granting a monthly pension.
The scheme was introduced by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy in June 2019, payable to legatees from 1 July 2019. The 2nd installment of funds was released on 1 March 2020 were 87.5% of legatees received the amount on day 1. The pension was also credited into the accounts of legatees during the COVID-19 pandemic in India. The budget of the scheme is Rs. 17,000 crores.
Also Read:- SBI e-Mudra Loan
YSR Pension Kanuka scheme is a welfare program where the earlier age criteria of 65 years have been amended to 60 years and the pension amount has been increased to ₹2,250 from ₹2,000. Whereas the pension amount of ₹3,000 is credited to the legatee disabled persons, transgender and Dappu artists. People suffering from chronic kidney diseases who go through dialysis in both government & private hospitals are strengthened with the pension amount of ₹10,000. This was immensely done to help the victims of Uddanam nephropathy.
Through the enactment of this pension scheme, incentives will be provided to the economically backward or socially backward people of the state. Also, a fixed amount of incentives are designated for the backward community in Andhra Pradesh state. Along with incentive social up-gradation will also take place.
The following people will be able to benefit from the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme:-
- Old Age
- Toddy Tappers
- Single Women
- Traditional Cobblers
- Dappu Artists
The Eligibility criteria for the YSR pension scheme:-
1. First, the applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh state.
2. The applicant must belong below the poverty line category.
3. He/she is not covered under any other Pension Scheme.
4. Old age people, (male or female), who are 60 years of age or above and are needy.
Age Criteria for the YSR Pension Scheme:-
|Old Age Pension||60 years of age / above|
|Weavers Pension||50 years of age / above|
|Widow Pension||As per Marriage Act 18 years and above|
|Disabled Pension||Minimum 40% disability and No age limit|
|Toddy Tappers||50 years of age / above|
|Transgender Pension||18 years / above|
|Fisherman Pension||50 years of age / above|
|Single Women Pension||Married women who are separated from more than 1 year and above 35 years of age. Unmarried women of- Rural area- 30 years Urban area- 35 years|
|Traditional Cobblers Pension||40 years of age|
|Dappu Artists Pension||50 years of age|
YSR Pension Kanuka Status
To check the application status of the YSR Pension Kanuka scheme, you need to follow the simple steps given below:-
- The candidate who wish to check Pension status firstly they have to visit the official website:- https://sspensions.ap.gov.in/SSP
- Then, at the homepage of the website, you will get Pension Status Option.
- As you click, you will be taken to a new web page.
- Two options will be displayed on your screen:-
- Pension ID
- Grievance ID
- Choose from your desired option.
- On the next webpage, enter the entire required information.
- Click on SUBMIT.
- Then, the application status will be displayed on the screen.
YSR Pension Kanuka Login
- First of all, you have to go to the official webpage:- https://sspensions.ap.gov.in/SSP
- The home page will open in front of you.
- Then, On the Homepage, you have the need to click on the login.
- Now a new page will be displayed before you where you have to enter the username, password, and captcha code.
- After that, you are required to click on the login.
- By following the above-mentioned procedure you can log in to the portal.